Friends play a crucial role in the conservation of Dilston Physic Garden. For just £23, you receive a Season Pass (allowing your entry throughout the season during opening hours); one free admission for a friend; a choice of either two Physic Garden dried botanicals or potted small plants from our shop; our e-newsletter and, if you wish, your name added to our increasing list on this ‘Friends of Dilston’ page. Just come along to pick up your Friend Pass and join us as a Friend.
We gratefully acknowledge the generous support and individual expertise of the following people.
- Dr Elizabeth Marshall for ongoing research into text for our Signboards, and for continuously producing essential and engaging Information Booklets.
- The Natural History Society of Northumbria and its Wednesday Botany Group for verification of Physic Garden species.
- Davina Hopkinson for her time and expertise in creating botanical education activities and projects for school visits.
- Lesley Miller for outstanding expertise in landscape design.
- Helen Steadman for her invaluable editorial experience in the production of our books.
- Kay Cooke for advice, assistance and support in many areas, and, in particular, printed publications.
- Jonathan Perry for essential IT assistance.
- Helen Stephenson for excellent marketing advice.
- Robert Perry for continuing advice on technical, IT and development strategies.
- Dr. Anne Pickering, whose Ph.D thesis was on ‘The value of Botanic Gardens in Conservation and Recreation’ (University of Newcastle). Anne was Director of Moor Bank Botanic garden for 20 years; during that time, she was a member of the Medicinal Plant Research Group, undertaking collaborative research on the use of plants to improve memory. A number of her peer-reviewed articles on the antioxidant properties of plants has been published.