Worried about your memory? Want to see if plants can boost your memory ?
We’re recruiting volunteers now. Spread the word!…
Dilston Physic Garden, medical herbalists Ross Menzies and Davina Hopkinson and Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew offer an exciting opportunity to take part in a second natural Memory Study in West and South-East Northumberland.
- Do you think your memory is not what it was?
- Are you concerned about the current epidemic of dementia?
- Would you be open to the idea that medicinal plants could help, bearing in mind that modern drugs like aspirin come from plants?
- Are you between the age of forty-five and seventy-five and live in West or South-East Northumberland?
- Would you say yes to any of these questions? Then why not volunteer in a simple safe 4-week medicinal plant study?
To take part simply email firstname.lastname@example.org. Study is open to anyone between 45-75years, provided you are not diagnosed with a condition such as Alzheimer’s. The aim of the study is to test the effects of safe plants reputed in history, and used today as Traditional Herbal Medicine, to improve memory and which have science to show how they work. The trial is being conducted by Dilston Physic Garden, medical herbalists Davina Hopkinson and Ross Menzies, Wesnes Cognition & Kew Royal Botanic Gardens, with support from Wesnes Cognition, Make My Day Better and The Ridley Family Charity.
Dilston Physic Garden Corbridge Northumberland NE45 5QZ T: 07879 533 875 E: email@example.com
Enjoying its 3rd year the ‘Dilston Dispensary of Herbal Medicine’ returns in 2018 to give you easy access to qualified information on the use of plants for health and medicine.
Ensuring you’re using the correct herb for your needs is essential since if plant medicines are used inappropriately, just as with drugs, they can be unhelpful and problems can arise. Our registered medical herbalists and qualified herbal pharmacist are here to help you explore effective herbal medicine to support you back to health and to keep you healthy.
Just drop into The Physic Shop – every 1st and 3rd Wednesday of the month 12 to 3pm May to August and every Thursday 2-3pm June and July 2018.
Wednesday’s dispensary is led by medical herbalists Ross and Davina and Thursday’s by pharmacist Milena.
- No need to make an appointment – just come along to the Dilston Dispensary of Herbal Medicines situated in The Physic Shop.
- £5 per short consultation and individual prescription (herbal medicine is purchased separately).
- Milena is offering a free consultation when you join her ‘Thursday Talks‘ (1-2pm every Thursday in June & July 2018).
- For more complex ailments, Ross or Davina can arrange an in depth consultation with you.
- Don’t forget you can enjoy the Physic Garden while you’re there – physic garden admission charges do not apply if you’re just visiting the Dispensary. If you’d like to visit the physic garden too, entrance is £4 and the Season Pass only £10
- The Physic Shop also stocks a range of organic or wild crafted teas, tinctures, creams and other herbal products.
*Please note: The Dilston Dispensary of Herbal Medicine does not dispense conventional medicine products; the dispensary is only open on the 1st and 3rd Wednesday 12-3pm (May-Aug) and every Thursday 2-3pm (Jun-Jul) 2018; dispensary times may change for 2019.