Information on the independent workshops and events that run from the physic garden
Enjoying its 3rd year the ‘Dilston Dispensary of Herbal Medicine’ returns in 2018 to give you easy access to qualified information on the use of plants for health and medicine.
Ensuring you’re using the correct herb for your needs is essential since if plant medicines are used inappropriately, just as with drugs, they can be unhelpful and problems can arise. Our registered medical herbalists and qualified herbal pharmacist are here to help you explore effective herbal medicine to support you back to health and to keep you healthy.
Just drop into The Physic Shop – every 1st and 3rd Wednesday of the month 12 to 3pm May to August and every Thursday 2-3pm June and July 2018.
Wednesday’s dispensary is led by medical herbalists Ross and Davina and Thursday’s by pharmacist Milena.
- No need to make an appointment – just come along to the Dilston Dispensary of Herbal Medicines situated in The Physic Shop.
- £5 per short consultation and individual prescription (herbal medicine is purchased separately).
- Milena is offering a free consultation when you join her ‘Thursday Talks‘ (1-2pm every Thursday in June & July 2018).
- For more complex ailments, Ross or Davina can arrange an in depth consultation with you.
- Don’t forget you can enjoy the Physic Garden while you’re there – physic garden admission charges do not apply if you’re just visiting the Dispensary. If you’d like to visit the physic garden too, entrance is £4 and the Season Pass only £10
- The Physic Shop also stocks a range of organic or wild crafted teas, tinctures, creams and other herbal products.
*Please note: The Dilston Dispensary of Herbal Medicine does not dispense conventional medicine products; the dispensary is only open on the 1st and 3rd Wednesday 12-3pm (May-Aug) and every Thursday 2-3pm (Jun-Jul) 2018; dispensary times may change for 2019.
15th – 17th July
24th – 25th September
12th – 13th November
- Explore the remarkable health giving & medicinal power of plants around us
- Learn to use medicinal plants to treat minor ailments & everyday health issues
- Uncover fascinating facts behind botanical medicine, its science & folklore
- Informative, friendly & fun; no previous knowledge needed