Friends play a crucial role in the conservation of Dilston Physic Garden.
We gratefully acknowledge the generous support and individual expertise of the following people and significant others who are not listed here.
- Dr Elizabeth Marshall for all her research into content for our Signboards, and for continuously producing essential and engaging Information Booklets.
- The Natural History Society of Northumbria and its Wednesday Botany Group for verification of Physic Garden species.
- Davina Hopkinson for her time and expertise in plant medicine and in creating botanical education activities and projects for school visits.
- Lesley Miller for outstanding expertise in landscape design.
- Helen Steadman for her invaluable editorial experience in the production of our books.
- Kay Cooke for advice, assistance and support in many areas, and, in particular, printed publications.
- Jonathan Perry for essential IT assistance.
- Helen Stephenson for excellent marketing advice.
- Robert Perry for continuing advice on technical, IT and development strategies.
- Dr. Anne Pickering, whose Ph.D thesis was on ‘The value of Botanic Gardens in Conservation and Recreation’ (University of Newcastle). Anne was Director of Moor Bank Botanic garden for 20 years; during that time, she was a member of the Medicinal Plant Research Group, undertaking collaborative research on the use of plants to improve memory. A number of her peer-reviewed articles on the antioxidant properties of plants has been published.