The HERBOLOGY HOUSE is a unique and tranquil space to hire for talks, workshops, courses, meetings, events and small parties. The 18x14ft wooden building, based on a Japanese Tea House, has wide views west over the Tyne valley from three glass double doors and sliding doors onto a south facing veranda. It often has fragrant herbs hanging from rafters – it’s also used as a herb drying house. Hire the Herbology House any day of the week March to November – please email firstname.lastname@example.org .
Please note that when hiring out of normal physic garden public open hours you do so independently and are responsible for opening and closing the Physic Garden, including doors and car park gates.
HERBOLOGY HOUSE HIRE £55 half day (1-4hr), £85 full day (5-8hr).
3+ days consecutive hire rates available – for enquires please email email@example.com
Booking confirmed on payment.
Please note that our hire charges are being updated for 2022.
- 5 folding banquet tables (seating 16 people with table space; 10 people with 1.5+ spacing), 25+ chairs, 16 mugs, bowels & plates, 30 tea cups, 1x 3L kettle, 1x 1.5L kettle, sink, fridge, 1- & 2-ring electric hob
- Flipchart, white board, projector & screen (with PC/MAC connectors)
- Small library of books related to plant medicines, health and wellbeing
- Garden canopy (4.5 x 4.5m with 2 attachable sides) and 10 chairs adjacent to the Herbology House
- 1 x WC
Please note our deposit and booking policy: Hire is confirmed on payment and is non-refundable if less than 30 days notice for cancellation is given.
By hiring the Herbology House and/or the Physic Garden you agree to our Terms & Conditions – please ensure you read these fully in advance of your event – email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note for all events parking is in our Top-up car park only – an 8 minute flat countryside walk from the physic garden entrance. There is close access for organiser, and for those who need help. In November events may have to be cancelled if the temperature is on or below OoC; we currently have cold water only; water from all taps is drinkable, please note it is spring water.
PARKING FOR EVENTS
Our visitor car park is very small so please only park in our Top-up Car Park (shared with Dilston Scouts) for all events and workshops.
Directions for your visitors are as follows:
Dilston Physic Garden Parking
- Please park only at the physic garden Top-up Car Park and enjoy the pleasant flat walk of 500yds to Dilston Physic Garden – thank you.
- The top-up car park is a grass field car park situated 200yds towards Hexham from the Physic Garden car park. You will find it just off on the A695 – the turning is at the top of the hill (after the bridge coming from Corbridge). Turn directly left into the field just after turning onto the lane – please do not drive down the scout camp lane, which is private.
- Walk down the lane, turn left onto the public footpath at the cottage & after 250yds (or 5 minutes) you’ll come to the Physic Garden entrance gate on the left.
- For those who require closer access you can either use the closer physic garden car park (200 steps with an incline) or arrange with your event organiser to drop off directly at the physic garden entrance gate.