Visitor Car Park & Access
Visitors parking in the small visitor car park will be prepared for a short 5 minute walk along a public footpath to the garden entrance gate, though please note there is an incline at the end. For an equally pleasant flat walk and larger car park, please park in our Top-up Car Park shared with Dilston Scouts – see right.
- Wear footwear suitable for a muddy lane.
- The main car park and top-up car parks are open.
- We are unable to accommodate caravans and cars with trailers due to narrow roads.
- We have a limited number of parking spaces available in in our small visitor carpark, please be prepared to use are top-up car park shared with Dilston scouts.
- The WC is open and is located at the other side of the physic garden in the meadow.
- Picnics welcome but no barbecues or camping stoves due to fire risk.
- Dogs (on leads at all times) welcome in all outdoor areas.
- Assistance dogs only in the Herbology House.
- Dog drinking bowl is available outside The Physic Shop.
- Please take your dog waste home.
Top-up & Workshop/Event Parking
When visiting for a workshop or any event and to volunteer please park in our Top-up Car Park shared with Dilston Scouts (and not the small visitor car park), allowing for a pleasant flat 5-10 minute walk.
Directions for Dilston Top-up Car Park
- Take the A695 east from Corbridge towards Hexham. Continue for just over one mile, crossing the rail crossing and the small bridge over the Dyvel’s water. Turn left into the lane at the top of the hill, 200yds after the small bridge. Coming from Hexham on the A695, turn right into the lane directly at the top of the first hill descent coming from Hexham, this is 200yds before the Dyvel’s Water bridge (if you reach the bridge you have gone too far).
- On entering the lane, turn left through the gate into the grassfield carpark. Please open the gate if you are the first there. Please do not drive down the private scout lane. Please close the gate if you are last out.
- Enjoy the 10-minute flat walk along the lane, turning left onto the public footpath at the cottage and after 250yd you reach the Physic Garden entrance gate on the left.
- Bring footwear for a muddy lane.
Closer or wheelchair access?
For those require help, please drive your car up the lane, past the small visitor car park and between the 2 houses, to drop at the entrance gate. Please turn at the end turning space and then parking tightly on the left hand side of the lane.
There are seats at intervals placed around the physic garden.
Access is not yet suitable for wheelchairs, though, wheelchairs are possible on the grass paths if the weather is dry. Most of the Physic Garden is at one level (except the Sage Garden), the ground is grass and there are narrow gravel paths round some beds.